Process and Policies
The following steps outline Harmony Montessori’s enrollment process. Please complete the form on the sidebar if you are interested in learning more about our enrollment process or to schedule a tour.
1. The first step in enrolling your child at Harmony Montessori school is to contact us to schedule a tour.
2. During your tour you will meet with our Enrollment Coordinator, Briana Weber. Our tours typically last 30-45 minutes during which time we will discuss your child’s individual needs and how the Montessori philosophy supports each child by creating an individualized learning environment. In addition you will be guided through our classrooms to see the children and teachers interactions. You will be able to see our large natural outdoor playscape and provided with a detailed enrollment packet with further reading of Dr. Maria Montessori and about our programs. Our tours also include an opportunity to observe in one or two classrooms upon request, as well as ample time to ask any questions you may have.
3. Should you wish to then apply for admission your child must be 2 1/2 years of age and independent in toileting. Your child should also exhibits signs of readiness in order to have a successful primary school experience. If all of these criteria are met, you will fill out the application form, including a non-refundable $150 application fee and $500 tuition deposit. The tuition deposit is applied towards your last month’s tuition at Harmony.
4. Once we receive your application and deposit our Enrollment Coordinator will contact you to confirm that we have space available and to begin the enrollment process. If no opening is available for immediate consideration or your enrollment is for a future enrollment cycle, we will place your application on a waiting list. As classroom openings become available, taking age and gender into consideration we will enroll children from our waiting list. Enrollment acceptance priorities are given in the following order: currently enrolled children, children of staff members, siblings of currently enrolled children, alumni families and wait list families with Montessori experience and other wait list families based on age and application date.
5. If your child is accepted you will be contacted to schedule your child’s Visit Day, New Student Orientation, Parent Orientation and Start Date and to have you complete a New Student Questionnaire to learn more about your child’s personality to get a better sense for classroom placement. In order to ensure a successful transition for your child and your family we ask that each new family partake in the following:
Visiting Day: This provides a one on one opportunity for you to come as a family and meet your child’s teacher. Your child’s teacher will greet you as a family so your child will know you are bringing them into a safe community and that you are comfortable at our school. You will stay with your child for the 30 minute visit. The teacher will tour your child through the classroom, show them materials, where the restrooms are and introduce them to our outdoor space. We typically schedule classroom visits in 30 minute increments for our fall enrollments on two specific dates and after school hours for mid-year enrollments.
New Student Orientation Days: At the end of August prior to the start of the new school year each new child is encouraged to attend our Orientation Days. These new children will come for a shortened schedule each day starting at 8:30 am with departure at 1:00pm. The shortened day, allows each child to have a daily one on one experience with their teacher in the classroom and a time for social interaction with the other new students, thus building a sense of classroom community and a connection to our larger Harmony family. As the week progresses the children will spend more and more time in the classroom working in small groups and individually. This process allows the teacher time to focus on each child individually and to create a bond, which will last through out your child’s time at Harmony. If your schedule demands a modified orientation schedule please let the office know as soon as possible. We recommend having your child attend both orientation days. Please note that you will not be billed for these days. If your child attended our summer camp we still encourage them to come to orientation days especially if they will be switching classrooms. Should you child start mid-year we will arrange a modified orientation schedule to enable a positive transition for your child.
Parent Orientation: We require each of our new parents to attend a parent orientation in order to outline important procedures such as drop off/pick up, communication, safety, lunch and more. Our new parent orientations are scheduled on an individual basis with our Head of School, Kim Greer and last an hour.
6. Our enrollment forms are online and you will receive them via email from our Enrollment Coordinator prior to your child’s start date. All necessary forms will be to be completed before your child’s first day of school.
Harmony Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, or national and ethnic origin, in the administration of its educational policies, or any other school programs. We admit students of any race,color,national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
We welcome racial, cultural, and religious diversity, and families of every composition.
Harmony Montessori School welcomes all children and is committed to providing developmentally appropriate early learning and development experiences that support the full access and participate of each and every child. We believe that each child is unique and work in partnership with families and other professionals involved with the child to provide the support every child needs to reach their fullest potential.