Tuition Assistance Programs
Harmony Montessori School is committed to acceptance of all people from all walks of life. At Harmony Montessori we support inclusion in the classroom, diversity of children, a respect for different cultures and non-traditional family make-ups. Our goal is to provide all children with a rich education experience that will instill a lifelong love of learning. In an effort to make our program accessible to our community please see the list of tuition assistance programs below. For questions about these programs or for more information please contact us.
Harmony Montessori is a qualified Preschool Promise School. It is a program which fully covers the cost for families to access quality education for children ages 3-4. Please contact our Enrollment Coordinator if you would like more information or assistance in applying for this program.
Employment Related Day Care (ERDC)
What is Employment Related Day Care (ERDC)?
Low income working families may be eligible for financial help with child care costs. ERDC is a subsidy program. This means eligible families still pay part of the child care cost. This amount depends on the family’s income, size, and the amount the child care provider charges.
Who can qualify?
ODHS has a maximum amount they will pay a child care provider. If the cost of care is higher than the maximum rates, the parent is responsible for the additional costs, plus the copayment. The family pays the copayment directly to the provider. If the copayment is higher than the amount ODHS will pay, the family is not eligible for assistance.
Each family has one copayment determined by family size and income. The copay estimate tool will help you determine how much you might pay.
The following are basic guidelines that can help families determine if they might be eligible for ERDC.
To receive ERDC benefits you:
- Must be an Oregon resident
- Be employed. Caretakers/parents must be employed
- Both parents must be working in a two-parent family. Exceptions may exist if one parent cannot care for the children due to a medical/mental health condition or in cases where supervised contact is required by Child Welfare
- Income must be below 185% of the Federal Poverty Level (See ERDC Income Limit chart below)
- Must have a qualifying child or children. Qualifying children are:
- Under 13 years of age who need care
- Age 13-17 who receive care if required by special circumstances
- U.S. Citizens or qualifying non-citizens
- Must need child care to remain employed. For a two-parent family this means both parents must have all or part of their work hours overlap.
- Must use a child care provider that meets ODHS requirements. See the ERDC Listing Form and instructions for a list of requirements.
ERDC Income Limit Chart (185% of FPL effective 3/1/2020)*
|Number in ERDC Group||Gross Income Limit|
|8 or more||$6,886|
ERDC Ongoing and Exit Income Limit
|Number in ERDC Group||Gross Income Limit|
|8 or above||$9,305|
*Income limits during the Governor-declared state of emergency period due to the COVID-19 coronavirus.
How to apply
To become eligible for child care assistance you must complete an ERDC application form. This process can be completed without coming into the office. The application can be mailed to a local office and an interview conducted over the phone.
Also see: What happens after ERDC is approved
Harmony Montessori values a diverse community and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex or religious affiliation. The mission of the Financial Aid program is to maintain the cultural and economic diversity of the student body.
- Household monthly income and expenses
- Special circumstances
- Dollar amount requested per month and dollar amount family can contribute
Financial Aid applications will only be accepted from families who have applied to the school. We ask that families tour our school before submitting an application. To schedule tour please contact us.
Financial Aid Deadlines:
- Financial Aid Applications due by April 5, 2022.
- Tax documents and all other documentation is due by April 30, 2022.
Financial Aid Awards offers will be sent out by May 16, 2022. Families have until May 30, 2022 to accept their offer or their child’s enrollment application will be withdrawn.
We partner with School and Student Services (SSS) sponsored by NAIS in our Financial Aid process. To begin your financial aid application, you will complete SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). Completing the PFS online will save you time and money, and help us make our financial aid decisions more quickly. There is a small service fee that NAIS charges to evaluate each application. If you are unable to cover this fee you may apply for a waiver when you apply. To apply visit their website at sssbynais.org/parents/apply/. The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take about 30 minutes to complete. You’ll need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS.
How to Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement Online (PFS)
- Go to sssbynais.org/parents/apply/.
- Under the “Welcome to the Parents’s Financial Statement” box click on “New Users” link.
- Create your PFS Online account with your e-mail address and a password.
- Begin a PFS for the upcoming academic school year. Download the PFS Online Workbook and refer to the on-screen help for guidance along the way. You can log out of the PFS Online at anytime, then return later to complete it.
- Key information that you will need to know about our school as you complete the PFS: School’s full name: Harmony Montessori School School’s SSS code: 208872
- After you have pressed submit, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $41 is nonrefundable. If you are unable to cover this fee, please contact Kim. We have a limited number of waivers for our families with the greatest need.
- About 24 hours after you’ve submitted your FPS, you’ll have access on the PFS Online to a section called “Manage Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there.
Financial Aid Application
By clicking you will be directed to the SSS website to begin your financial aid application process.