Process and Policies
The following steps outline Harmony Montessori’s enrollment process. Please complete the form on the sidebar if you are interested in learning more about our enrollment process or to schedule a tour.
1. The first step in enrolling your child at Harmony Montessori school is to contact us to schedule a tour.
2. During your tour you will meet with either our Enrollment Coordinator, Alicia Ginardi or our Head of School, Kim Greer. Our tours typically last forty-five minutes during which time we will discuss your child’s individual needs and how the Montessori philosophy supports each child by creating an individualized learning environment. In addition you will be guided through our classrooms to see the children and teachers interactions. You will be able to see our large natural outdoor playscape and provided with a detailed enrollment packet with further reading of Dr. Maria Montessori and about our programs. Our tours also include an opportunity to observe in one or two classrooms, as well as ample time to ask any questions you may have.
3. Should you wish to then apply for admission your child must be 2.5 years of age and independent in toileting. Your child should also exhibits signs of readiness in order to have a successful primary school experience. If all of these criteria are met, you will fill out the application form, including a non-refundable $150 application fee and $200 tuition deposit, which is applied towards your first month’s tuition.
4. Once we receive your application and deposits our Enrollment Coordinator will contact you to confirm that we have space available and to begin the enrollment process. If no opening is available for immediate consideration or your enrollment is for a future enrollment cycle, we will place your application on a waiting list. As classroom openings become available, taking age and gender into consideration we will enroll children from our waiting list.
5. If your child is accepted you will be contacted to schedule your child’s Visit Day, New Student Orientation, Parent Orientation and Start Date and to have you complete a New Student Questionnaire to learn more about your child’s personality to get a better sense for classroom placement. In order to ensure a successful transition for your child and your family we ask that each new family partake in the following:
Visiting Day: This provides a one on one opportunity for you to come as a family and meet your child’s teacher. Your child’s teacher will greet you as a family so your child will know you are bringing her into a safe community and that you are comfortable at our school. You will stay with your child for the 30 minute visit. The teacher will tour your child through the classroom, show them materials, where the restrooms are and introduce him or her to our outdoor space. We typically schedule classroom visits in 30 minute increments for our fall enrollments on two specific dates and after school hours for mid-year enrollments.
New Student Orientation Week: At the end of August prior to the start of the new school year each new child is encouraged to attend our Orientation Week. These new children will come for two hours each day starting at 8:30 am with departure at 10:30 am. The shortened day, allows each child to have a daily one on one experience with their teacher in the classroom and a time for social interaction with the other new students, thus building a sense of classroom community and a connection to our larger Harmony family. As the week progresses the children will spend more and more time in the classroom working in small groups and individually. This process allows the teacher time to focus on each child individually and to create a bond, which will last through out your child’s time at Harmony. If your schedule demands a modified orientation schedule please let the office know as soon as possible. We recommend having your child attend the full week even if their school schedule is 4 days. Please note that you will not be billed for this week. If your child attended our summer camp we still encourage them to come to orientation week especially if they will be switching classrooms. Should you child start mid-year we will arrange a modified orientation schedule to enable a positive transition for your child.
Parent Orientation: We require each of our new parents to attend a parent orientation in order to outline important procedures such as drop off/pick up. communication, safety, lunch and more. For our September enrollees we will schedule two parent orientations in August or arrange for individual orientations for our mid-year enrollments.
6. Our enrollment forms will be emailed to or we will provide a hard copy for your to complete. All necessary forms will be to be completed before your child’s first day of school.
Harmony Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, creed, or national and ethnic origin, in the administration of its educational policies, or any other schoolprograms. We admit students of any race,color,national and ethnic origin to all the rights, privileges, and activities generally accorded or made available to students at the school.
We welcome racial, cultural, and religious diversity, and families of every composition.
Harmony Montessori School welcomes all children and is committed to providing developmentally appropriate early learning and development experiences that support the full access and participate of each and every child. We believe that each child is unique and work in partnership with families and other professionals involved with the child to provide the support every child needs to reach their fullest potential.