Harmony Montessori values a diverse community and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex or religious affiliation. The mission of the Financial Aid program is to maintain the cultural and economic diversity of the student body.
Each year the Board of Trustees allocates funds raised by the annual Auction to the Financial Aid Program. For the past two years 100% of the funds raised have been used for Financial Aid assistance.
“Over 25% of the families who attend Harmony Montessori, receive Financial Aid assistance”
The Financial Aid Committee strives to allocate these funds in the fairest possible way, helping the most families possible. Priority is given to families who are already enrolled at Harmony Montessori School and meet the criteria which is set forth in the Financial Aid Policies. Financial Aid assistance is not available for Early or Late Care programs at this time.
The committee uses many of the following factors in determining awards:
- Household monthly income and expenses.
- Special circumstances.
- Dollar amount requested per month and dollar amount family can contribute.
- Parental participation.
We now partner with School and Student Services (SSS) sponsored by NAIS in our Financial Aid process. To begin your financial aid application, you will complete SSS’s Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS). Completing the PFS online will save you time and money, and help us make our financial aid decisions more quickly. There is a small service fee that NAIS charges to evaluate each application. If you are unable to cover this fee please contact us, we have a limited number of waivers available for our families with the most need. Apply here: http://sssbynais.org/parents/apply/
The PFS is a comprehensive application that will take about 30 minutes to complete. You’ll need your most recent tax return before beginning the PFS. We also recommend that you review the wide range of materials that SSS has put together to help families with the financial aid process. They can be found at sss.nais.org/parents
How to Complete the Parents’ Financial Statement (PFS) on-line
- Go to sss.nais.org/parents
- Click on the green “Apply Now” button to enter the PFS Online
- Create your PFS Online account with your e-mail address and a password.
- Begin a PFS for Academic year 2014-2015. Download the PFS Online Workbook and refer to the on-screen help for guidance along the way. You can log out of the PFS Online at anytime, then return later to complete it.
- Key information that you will need to know about our school as you complete the PFS: School’s full name: Harmony Montessori School School’s SSS code: 208872
- After you have pressed submit, you’ll be brought to a payment screen. The fee of $41 is nonrefundable. If you are unable to cover this fee, please contact Kim. We have a limited number of waivers for our families with the greatest need.
- About 24 hours after you’ve submitted your FPS, you’ll have access on the PFS Online to a section called “Manage Documents.” You can upload the additional documents we require there.
Financial Aid Timeline for 2015-2016 School Year
- April 15th Returning Student Application Deadline
- April 24th Application Deadline
- May 1st Applications processed by Financial Aid Committee
- May 16th Applicant Meetings Finished
- May 23th Award letters issued