Harmony Montessori values a diverse community and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national or ethnic origin, sex or religious affiliation. The mission of the Financial Aid program is to maintain the cultural and economic diversity of the student body.
Each year the Board of Trustees allocates funds raised by the annual Auction to the Financial Aid Program. For the past two years 100% of the funds raised have been used for Financial Aid assistance.
“Over 15% of the families who attend Harmony Montessori, receive Financial Aid assistance”
The Financial Aid Committee strives to allocate these funds in the fairest possible way, helping the most families possible. Priority is given to families who are already enrolled at Harmony Montessori School and meet the criteria which is set forth in the Financial Aid Policies. Financial Aid assistance is not available for Early or Late Care programs at this time.
The committee uses many of the following factors in determining awards:
- Federal Free/Reduced Lunch income guidelines.
- Household monthly income and expenses.
- Special circumstances.
- Dollar amount requested per month and dollar amount family can contribute.
- Parental participation.
Financial Aid Timeline for 2013-2014 School Year
- April 26th Application Deadline
- May 1st Applications processed by Financial Aid Committee
- May 15th Applicant Meetings Finished
- May 20th Award letters issued