Harmony Montessori School
Harmony Montessori has a unique mission to provide children with a rich educational experience that will instill a lifelong love of learning.
We carry this mission out in a number of ways:
- We create an environment of honor and respect, firmly based on the philosophy, materials, and methods of Maria Montessori.
- We offer a holistic and eclectic Montessori curriculum by emphasizing our connection between ourselves, each other and the world around us.
- We maintain a gifted and well-supported staff.
- We inspire community involvement and volunteerism.
- We are highly committed to maintaining the cultural and economic diversity of our student body through our Scholarship and Financial Aid program.
We offer education programs for children 2.5 through 9 years of age.
Our Children’s House classes serve children ages 2 1/2 through 6. Children typically attend our school for three or even four years, depending upon their birthday and their age at enrollment.
The Elementary Class is a mixed age class serving children 6 through 9 years of age.
Harmony is a non-profit school with a strong level of parent involvement and support located in east Portland, just a few minutes from the I-205 freeway.
Harmony welcomes racial, cultural, and religious diversity, and families of every composition.